Goodnight Scholars Program (Transfers)
The Goodnight Scholars Program, funded by a gift from Dr. Jim and Ann Goodnight, is available to low and middle-income families from North Carolina and is limited to students studying in the STEM disciplines or affiliated education majors. The value of the scholarship is $20,500 and is renewable for up to three years for transfer students. In addition to the scholarship, Goodnight Scholars have access to an assortment of developmental programming focused on their professional and personal growth.
To be eligible for the Goodnight Scholars Program, you must:
- Be a NC resident (undocumented and DACA included).
- Have an adjusted gross income up to $110,000.
- Obtain an associate degree from a North Carolina community college under the Comprehensive Articulation Agreement.
- Select a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) major or STEM Education major.
- Demonstrate a history of exceptional academic performance at the your community college.
*Important Deadlines and Reminders
- You must complete and submit BOTH the general NC State scholarship application and Goodnight Scholars application by 11:59 p.m. on March 31st. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Your essays should have substance and include information about your academic/career goals, personal values and characteristics, and stories of success or resiliency. Additional essay tips are available here and here.
- You will need to re-submit any leadership roles, extracurricular activities, or honors and awards that appear on your general NC State application to the Goodnight Scholars application. Please include as many extracurricular activities or non-academic experiences as possible including part-time jobs, travel experiences, volunteer work, etc.
- Please answer every question in the Goodnight Scholars application. If a question does not apply to you, write “N/A” or “0” (for questions needing numerical responses) in the text box. If you leave a text box blank, you will receive an error saying that you are unable to submit your Goodnight Scholars application.
If you have any questions about our application process, please review this FAQ first. If you still have questions after reviewing the FAQ, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.