Michele M. and Ross M. Annable Scholarship
Awards from this endowment shall be made to one or more students by the Dean of the CVM, or his or her designee, in accordance with the established procedures for awarding need based scholarships. Awards shall be given to US Citizens or Permanent residents in the following order of preferences:
- Preference for students who have demonstrated experience in community service such as through work with humane societies, governmental and nonprofit organizations and animal welfare societies and a commitment to working towards the betterment of animals.
- Character and leadership as demonstrated by documentation of active participation and leadership in service organizations, evidence of leadership in student government and student clubs and associations, work experience, evidence of extracurricular activities, and documentation of awards for leadership during high school and college.
- Academic achievement as demonstrated by grade point average and class rank.
Students may apply for this scholarship in any year of the DVM program. Scholarships shall cover up to half the value of tuition and fees for each year. Awards shall be for one academic year and renewable for a maximum total of 4 academic years. In addition, Annable Scholars are expected to participate in activities throughout the year that expose them to opportunities to lead and serve in the area of animal welfare, including public service with humane societies, governmental and nonprofit organizations and animal welfare societies, leadership development and study abroad (“service activities” herein). Demonstrated participation in these activities will be considered in applications for renewal.
- Completion of the General Application, DVM Application, and Annable Scholarship Application (under ‘Opportunities’ tab, click’ recommended’) in Pack ASSIST
Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
- Completion of FAFSA & demonstrated financial need